Wednesday 11 December 2013

Oh La la ! ! !

 
It is my plan to add Cantinierie to my French units to add a bit of colour to them and I ordered some from Tradition from their 'Willie' range . One was described as bending down and seemed to be rummaging around in her haversack - so I ordered one to add variety . You can imagine my shock and horror to find on closer inspection on receiving the figure that she was in a state of dishabille ! , pulling on her trousers and unfortunately exposing her - erm ! - 'rear echelon's' . I apologies for the somewhat shaky painting of the figure - I put it down to old age . This young lady is I think destined for the French High Command base where her talents will be appreciated !.
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Very nice! I painted that figure to. The under drawers in those days were open almost from waist band to waist band in the middle for relieving oneself. The amount of material usually overlapped the opening plus the chemise was tucked inside which gave more coverage plus protected the drawers, petticoats and skirts from body stains. I THIS case this is a fun fantasy figure. Numerous early 1900s postcards featured the open back drawers theme+ bare bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit I did consult your blog for references

      Delete
  2. 'There's a girl lives across the river with a bottom like a peach; but, alas! I cannot swim...'

    I think if I were to submit a caption for this picture, it would be: 'Does my bum look big in this?' When asked this question, incidentally, the correct answer, adorned with appropriately supporting adjectives and adverbs, is 'No.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Distracted French Generals, -1?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I say, what a splendid miniature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently bought a batch of Willie's and Staddens from Tradition, who have a great service. One of these lovely ladies was in there. Like you I hadn't realised quite how saucy she was until I saw her close up. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing they post from Sweden they do a very good mail order which other firms would do well to copy

      Delete