Monday 26 August 2013

Oh No ! Not ANOTHER New Project !.

 
Okay so I need another wargaming period/project like I need another hole in my head !, I blame Christopher Hibbert - for years I have been avoiding this book because of it's potential wargaming ideas , then I got a second hand copy and the rot set in . I also blame 'A' for NOT talking me out of it ! - instead he positively encouraged me to go ahead !  by pointing out that Irregular do such a cute range of figures for it and then lending me a couple of books on the subject .
 
 
Then of course Irregular do such a good mail order service (following day delivery) that before you know it I'm cleaning up figures in the garden ready for spraying instead of cutting the hedge !.
 
 
The figures are very nice with a certain quirky style with them (Garibaldi himself mounted to the left of the photo) and I plan to use them with 'Black Powder' rules . I will use the orbat for Garibaldi's first battle with 'The Thousand' so not to many figures to start off with (oh I've heard that one before!). Well off to spray them up . Oh dear what have I started !.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. It happens to the best of us and they are rather fine miniatures - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice project. I have had a similar one but in 20mm on the backburner for several years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have a number of figures for this period, 15, 20 and 25mm! The uniforms are also great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoorah now the feeling well! Look forward to seeing these painted up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE all do it. I am probably one of the worse. I get side-tracked so easily. I seem to have wargames ADHD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Not a subject I know anything about so I look forward to seeing the project develop.

    ReplyDelete